THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT Woolday's MERINO WOOL
WHY Woolday MERINO WOOL CLOTHING DOESN’T SMELL, EVEN IF I WEAR IT LONGER?
In order to explain why our Woolday woolen clothing does not develop a smell, it is important to understand why clothing usually starts to smell unpleasant after being worn once or twice. Your sweat itself has no smell of its own. Only when materials such as hair, cotton or synthetic fibers absorb sweat, they become breeding grounds for bacteria - and they develop the stench. Merino wool prevents the sweat on the fibers from developing bacteria. On the one hand through the components of the merino wool, on the other hand because it transports and evaporates the sweat directly from the surface and from the body. This not only keeps you dry, but also largely smells good.
Thanks to our gentle processes, we have preserved these properties of merino wool even better. This allows you to put on our T-shirts, shirts and underwear many times before you need to wash them. Good ventilation over night or a hand wash in the sink is usually enough to keep Woolday clothing fresh.
DOES THAT MEAN I CAN PUT ON Woolday CLOTHING EVERY DAY WITHOUT WASHING THEM
Even if that sounds a little disgsuting - the answer is yes. Of course, only if you wash yourself thoroughly. It all makes sense, doesn't it? Of course, in the end you have to decide for yourself. Our clothes themselves prevent bacteria from forming and you can wear Woolday clothing for several days without washing them. If you ventilate them regularly and wash out the merino products occasionally, in your own judgment, in the sink, that's enough.
WHAT DOES THE MICRON NUMBER SAY TO ME?
Micron is a unit of measurement in which the thickness of fibers is measured. The thinner the fiber, the softer it is and therefore does not scratch. Everyone surely remembers the terrible woolen sweater in childhood that constantly scratched. New wool can also be very thick and scratchy. Therefore, it is divided into different qualities. The highest qualities have a maximum fiber thickness of 17.5 microns. We only use this highest quality of 17.2 micron for clothing at Woolday, as one of the few manufacturers.
Most merino wool has fiber thicknesses between 15.5 and 24.5 microns. In comparison, a human hair is between 50 to 100 microns thick.
WHAT MAKES Woolday MERINO WOOL CLOTHING SO SPECIAL
In addition to the fact that we only use wool of a particularly high quality, we process it in a particularly gentle way. Therefore, all the great properties of merino wool are fully preserved. Here are just a few of the great skills our products have:
- Odor-repellent: As mentioned above, our products have antibacterial properties, so they do not start to stink, even during activities that involve a lot of sweating.
- Temperature regulating: Merino wool balances your body temperature. That means it warms you when you freeze and keeps you fresh and cool when you sweat. Sounds incredible. Therefore, the thick fur does not matter to the sheep in Australia in summer.
- Warms when wet: Merino wool can store up to 35% of its own weight inside the fibers. Woolday wool clothing therefore warms you even when it is wet. Because it pulls the moisture inside and still keeps you warm. Since the outside of the wool fibers is water-repellent (hydrophobic), it keeps itself dry. A little tip: If you are out and there is a bad weather, let the first drops rain on your Merino shirt and only then put on a jacket. Then the shirt warms you all the more.
- Extra soft: Woolday clothing is made from the finest quality of merino wool. This means that the individual hair is particularly thin and therefore particularly soft. Not only does our wool not scratch - on the contrary, it even tickles briefly at the beginning, it is so soft - no, it is also one of the softest materials that can be worn directly on the skin.
- Wrinkle-free: Merino wool is almost wrinkle-free, which means no troublesome ironing. Even if the Woolday clothing has a few folds, these will smooth out when worn by the body heat.
- UV protection: Merino wool comes with natural UV protection. This prevents the radiation from penetrating through clothing. Up to a sun protection factor of 40.
- Flameproof: Although the fibers of the merino wool are so fine, sparks on the campfire can not harm you. Unlike synthetic fibers. Because merino wool is only flammable above 550 ° C.
- Antistatic: Unlike synthetic fibers, merino wool does not charge electrically. It is even completely antistatic. One of the reasons why astronauts wear clothes made of merino wool. Of course, in addition to all the advantages mentioned above.
- Renewable and compostable: Merino wool is the epitome of a renewable raw material. Merino sheep are shorn once a year.